Saturday, February 21, 2004

The Curse of God

If I was in any doubt that homosexuality is having more and more of an influence on our culture, then a recent trip to my local Costco was able to lay that to rest. One of the books for sale is called Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and it is a fashion guide put together by a group of homosexual men to help bring sartorial elegance to the neanderthal looks of heterosexual men. I had a look through the book, and I don't think I will be buying it for my man. I prefer his jeans and plaid shirts to the decadent elegance of queers. It looks like they are trying to get men to dress more like queers and less like men.

[And what is it about queer men anyhow? Somehow or other, you can usually spot one in a photo or on the street, but I can't decide what, exactly, it is that tells me they are queer. There is just a sensation of something being not quite right at the subconcious level, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. The only thing I can think of it being is a certain something in the eyes or the way they hold their mouths that is different than the way that other men do.]

Then this morning when I opened up my newspaper, I found an article in there on men in skirts who are trying to redefine masculinity.

"Earlier this month, 100 men took to the streets of New York to lobby their right to wear skirts The protesters came from across the country to denounce the "tyranny of trousers" that has enslaved men's fashion since the French Revolution.

"We're not transvestites, homosexuals or cross-dressers," retired schoolteacher David Johnson told the media. "We don't want you to call us Jean or Sally. We are men -- men who want the right to wear a skirt."

Uh huh. :-|

I wonder if they will shave their legs too.

I think Steve Schlissel got it right when he said that homosexuals would not bring the curse of God on our society. They are the curse of God.

No comments: