Thursday, January 06, 2005

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

...but Lord willing, I'll be home on January 18th.

I am leaving this evening on a "red-eye" flight to travel home to the Maritimes. My parents have generously made provision for me to spend some time with them over the next 12 days. I am NOT going to fuss about the condition of my house while I am gone, nor will I fuss about what the kids are or are not doing with regard to their schoolwork. There will be plenty of time to fuss when I get home.

The possibility still exists that I'll be able to blog while I am gone, providing I can get a local dial-up number. I am now the proud owner of a Toshiba laptop, bought for business and school purposes. That means I get to lug it around the airports worrying my head off about losing it, but it also means that I might get the odd chance to connect and keep up with my friends, relations, and cyber pals.

If I don't make it back, due to the Providence of God (and always a constant thought whenever I fly somewhere or go somewhere on my own without the security blanket of a kid or two), please know that I wish my testimony for the love of God and the truth of His Word was as shining as Grant's. We hold these treasures in earthen vessels, and some earthen vessels are more cracked than others.

BTW, for those who are interested, I am now 18 weeks along and baby is fluttering away in my tummy as I type. How's that for being completely disjointed in my thoughts?

No comments: