Monday, January 19, 2004

Dainty Doodle

Elodie, aka Dainty Doodle, aka Punkadunk, is growing up. She is still a petite little miss, smaller than average, yet strong and hale at 19 mos. But oh is she sweet!

The other day Bethany was massaging my ears for me (which is a cool way to stimulate the entire body through the acupuncture points in the ear) while I was nursing Elodie. In the middle of nursing, Elodie stops, clambers up to kneel in my lap and then reaches up both of her little arms to pull and tug on my ears too. Then she held her little face up to me for a kiss.

She is also a clever imitator who knows how to unload or load the dishwasher, turn on the VCR, make my computer do (ahem) interesting things, and wash dishes by hand in the sink, after dragging a bar stool over to sit upon.

It was pure mental agony carrying her for those 10 longs months, but I haven't regretted a day since she slipped into my hands and heart.

No comments: