Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Princess of the Mudroom

I have a new apprentice, in my role as Queen of the Mudroom. She is not quite two years old, is as cute as a button, and extremely bright. It is Princess Punkadunk, aka Elodie.

Elodie has been demonstrating great diligence when it comes to helping me with the laundry. As soon as she sees me heading for the mudroom, she trails after me and assists me in removing the dry laundry from the dryer. Then she takes out the lint trap and cleans it, putting the lint in the waste basket, replaces the trap in the machine. Next, she waits patiently by me for the wet clothing I hand her which she then puts in the dryer, bit by bit. When I have no more to hand her, she slams the door shut and I start the machine.Elodie also likes to help me with folding, although the results are less than neat and tidy.

I love this toddler stage when they are able to do all kinds of new things and behave like little people instead of little blobs of pooping, drooling humanity. Actually, I think I like all the stages of babyhood and think the current one they are in is the best.

No comments: