Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Wild Wedding Weekend

Some young friends of mine are getting married this summer and having a double reception here in PG. It promises to be the highlight of my summer because we are going to have a houseful with approximately 8-12 extra people on top of the 11 inmates that already live here. Most of the people coming are Covenanters, and for the first time in a long time, we will have all three elders together with us. In short, we will be having an informal Covenanter Convention with a wedding, two receptions (one gal is marrying in the US because of stupid US immigration rules, but having the reception here with her sister), lots of discussion, eschatology talk, food, games, hilarity, sleepovers, and perhaps even a giant communion service on the Lord's Day. I can hardly wait!

My only worry is that I have volunteered to make both wedding cakes, using my Great Aunt Bernette's recipe for white cake. (Want me to save you a piece, Mom?) I will be pouring over the Martha Stewart wedding cake book in the coming weeks once we are able to secure the copy from the library in the hopes that it will help prevent me making a complete hash of it! I'm nothing if not adventurous. [sighs]

No comments: