Monday, May 10, 2004

Memorable Lord's Days

Jerry posted a funny story of what happened to him this past Lord's Day. Here's another good story. For a while our small congregation took turns meeting in one another's homes. On the weeks when Pastor Price and Elder Barrow came for a pastoral visit, we would have a fellowship meal after the service. On this particular Lord's Day the service was at my home. Tables were pushed aside and chairs were set up so that we could fit everyone in.

I was seated at the back of the crowd, next to the table where some of the food was placed in anticipation of the supper. I also had a wiggly toddler on my lap. Said child (can't remember which one) decided they couldn't wait for supper and started lunging for the food. I lunged after the child and we both crashed to the floor with a resounding thud that shook the rafters of our 3 story home.

A slight pause ensued. No one turned around, that I can remember, but I do remember beating a hasty retreat up the stairs to my bedroom to recover my composure and contemplate my red face in the mirror.

No comments: