Monday, April 18, 2005

Wide Open Horizons

Have you ever been in a situation where you were surrounded by foothills, mountains and other things that impeded your view of the horizon, only to find yourself suddenly breaking through the hills into a wide open vista? I feel like that has happened for me the other night.

My dearly beloved and I went out for a rare night on town together. In the course of our conversation, I wistfully said that if I had had another life I would have liked to have become a naturopathic doctor. My d.b. replied that I could still do that if I wanted. Hmmmm.

We have a university in our town, one moreoever that has a medical school attached to it. Because I don't have to go anywhere and pay dorm/living expense costs, I could easily take a course at a time and pick away at things. Not only that, some reputable distance education courses are available for a BS program in Holistic Nutrition and Doctor of Naturopathy through Clayton College of Natural Health. I don't know that I would make it all the way to actually becoming a full fledged naturopathic physician, but I can certainly get more of the training and education that I crave, and do it from home at my own pace without shortchanging my d.b., the kids or my household duties. I'm trying not to get too excited about the prospect, and I don't intend to move on it in a precipitous way, but it is definitely one I intend to take some time to think about!

No comments: