Monday, December 12, 2005

I Came, I Saw, I Worked Out

I got up early this morning -- like around 5:30 am. This was with some help from Jamesie who was snuffling around for first breakfast (second breakfast is at 9). Usually I would go back to sleep for another hour or two, but my curiosity over lights emanating from the downstairs overcame me, so James and I went downstairs to see what was up. What was up were two girls getting ready to go on their paper route. Something in the air told me that they had eaten or were going to eat. I happened to wander over by the stove which had a dish cloth draped over the top bit where the controls are, and discovered it was warm. I opened it up, and inside were browning popovers. Two girls stood there sheepishly grinning. I predict either naps or an early bedtime for those two tonight.

Sam was roused and joined the girls in their hot popover treat and I shoved them out the door by 6. I then donned a t shirt that wasn't as baggy as it should have been, yoga pants, and runners and proceeded to do 20 minutes of aerobics, 20 of upper body weight training, and 20 minutes of contorting myself into a semblance of Pilates moves.

I can't wait for the elliptical trainer to come. At least I can read a book while I run on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great start for your day! But let's not make a habit of this... Burning the candle at both ends can be hazardous to your health, you know. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Are you exercising before going for your stress test and echogram? Please, Cheryl Ann, don't overdo it. Stick to your soup diet and you will lose weight from that. The exercise can come after your tests, if the doctor says it's o.k. then. Don't make me worry. Love you.