Saturday, September 28, 2002

Bless you, Wayne. The rest of the day was not a dead loss.

I have a friend who has recently been in the hospital for an anxiety disorder that makes her throat tighten up to the point that she is unable to swallow food. She has lost over 75 lbs. and is a nervous wreck. She was actually hospitalized and put on strong tranquilizers as it was the only way she could eat. They recently released her from the hospital because they are overcrowded and needed her bed.

Today some of her children were here for a birthday party. When she arrived to pick them up, I could see that she was not doing well. In fact, she had dropped off her youngest with us at the swim center and literally ran away and hoped we would take care of her (we did). She looked very pale like she would faint, was extremely embarrased about leaving her daughter with us, and she was having a mini-panic attack complete with an inability to swallow and nausea.

I thought I might be able to help her, so I had her come in and sit down with me in my sun room. We began with something easy -- her nausea and I used a technique called EFT which is something that Dr. Mercola, a Christian osteopathic physician, also promotes.

It took only two rounds of tapping for her nausea to disappear. Then we began to work on the tightness in her throat. One round of tapping brought no noticeable relief. So then I changed tactics and told her that I wanted her to think about what emotional trigger was causing her to stress out so much that she was feeling "choked." I also assured her that she could speak in her own language (she is Finnish) if she felt more comfortable doing this and if she didn't want me to know her issues. (If it was someone who only spoke English, I would have them Hum or insert a code word if they didn't want me to know the issue -- this respects their borders and privacy.) Now here is what is interesting -- after two rounds of tapping while she spoke in Finnish with me giving some directions in English, I could see a shift take place in her. Her cheeks, which had previously been very pale, all of a sudden grew rosy in color. She also relaxed in a profound way. But even more interesting is the fact that she began to pray in Finnish. I kept tapping on various points as she kept praying and stopped only when she stopped and I could see that it was appropriate. She opened her eyes and the first thing she said to me was, "God is in what you are doing."

She still had a tiny bit of tightness in her chest, but the tightness in her throat was gone. This had only happened before under the influence of strong narcotics. She later called me on the phone because she started to have a panic attack and we were able to clear that completely as well.

Her experience with prayer is not unusual. I am finding that if you can help people clear emotional short circuits in their systems, it becomes easier for them to pray about the sins that may be causing them the problems on the spiritual level. One of the things that really seemed to work with her was when I had her repeat the phrase, "Even though I have this problem with ________, I deeply and profoundly forgive and accept myself for my part in causing this, and I completely forgive those who have had a part in it as well. The floodgates opened and relief was soon found.

Anyhow, I thought I would share this little bit of experience with it as a demonstration of the good it can do.

No comments: