Tuesday, September 24, 2002

That's Entertainment

Last night my husband took me to hear Great Big Sea a Newfie band that plays a combination of traditional folk and Celtic rock. Really great music, but I think I will forgo concerts from now on and stick to just playing the CD's. It took a while for my ears to recover and the distortion of the music because of the loudness detracted from the ability to enjoy the music. The concert was opened by another band called Crush and they confirmed my suspicions that I am turning into a fuddy duddy. I sat with my fingers in my ears to drown out as much of the noise as I could. My husband and I clapped loud and long at the end of the last song because we were overjoyed that they were stopping.

Changes?

Last night my husband broke the news to me that a move could be in our near future. His company is laying off or offering buyout packages to 6000 employees. If he takes the buyout, it means a big income tax hit. If he stays, he would probably survive the layoffs, but it could mean having to relocate. This isn't such a tragedy but for one thing: My church. It is difficult enough to raise the children in the Faith, but doing so when you have a spouse who is not like-minded is worse. And doing it without the support of a church family is worse yet. I need to go and pray and get some peace about this.

No comments: