Monday, November 04, 2002

Progress

Today I did something that I never thought I would ever be able to do -- I walked boldly into the den of lions known as the Ministry for Children and the Family -- in other words, SOCIAL WORKERS. I had to take Cole, the young runaway, in to see a social worker so she could ascertain where he is at.

Time was when I would have cringed at the thought of being any where near a social worker's office. When the social workers showed up on my doorstep three years ago to investigate our family for abuse, it was my worst nightmare come true. One hears of terrible tales of children wrenched from the arms of their parents, not to be returned until they had undergone considerable damage from foster homes. But the trial that we underwent three years ago did something for me that I never thought would happen. It gave me confidence and trust in God. I saw the faithfulness of God in action in my life and that of my family and now I can look back and give God thanks for that experience.

And so, I walked into that office with nary a thought of fear or trembling because I KNOW God can take care of me and mine.

No comments: