Friday, April 16, 2004

I Sing the Glories of...

.... Organic, grass-fed bison. I now have a freezer full of one half of a heifer. This morning I stir-fried my first bison steak for hubbies lunch, and managed to sneak a few pieces for myself. It was wonderful! Tender, tasty, and very similar to beef. The price was great too -- only $1.79 a pound to have it cut, wrapped, and frozen. That is considerably better than what I was paying at the grocery store for beef, even with the Mad Cow-depressed prices.

Grass fed beef and bison has a better omega 3/6 fat ratio than cattle that has been raised on grain. There are higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid in it, which is a wonderful fat that actually helps the human who eats it to burn fat more efficiently. I am looking forward to eating my way to slimness. ;o)

No comments: