Saturday, April 24, 2004

Wind and Water Woes

This has been an exciting week. On Thursday morning I arose to find that we had no water. Our water for the past several weeks had been doing strange and wonderful things from turning black as ink to a sort of rusty red color. Well, $600 and some odd dollars later, we find that the cause of all this was a hole in the metal pipe that had corroded from the minerals in the water. The well has been restored and hopefully we won't have to go through this again for at least another 14 years. It is so easy to take modern conveniences, like water from a tap, for granted until you lose it.

Friday dawned and I rejoiced as a strong woman ready to run a race, and all set to start getting caught up on the accumulated laundry when a wind, hail, and rain storm blew up and caused the power to go out. I was without water and power most of the day and again had cause to meditate on the wonders of modern technology that makes my life so much easier than my foremothers' lives.

TODAY I shall conquer the laundry and rejoice in running water and electricity once again.

No comments: