Friday, February 11, 2005

1. Your name spelled backwards. lyrehc

.2. Where were your parents from? Mom is from Burnt Church, NB and Dad was born in Dundas I think, but could be wrong.

3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? A word document I had uploaded onto my yahoo account and then downloaded onto my laptop as a convenient means of transferring the document from one computer to the other.

4. What's your favorite restaurant? Earl's

5. Last time you swam in a pool? I can' remember swimming. I usually stand at the edge rescuing children from drowning. Doesn't leave much time for swimming

6. Have you ever been in a school play? I had a bit part in the "Sound of Music" as a nun when I was in Grade 10. After that, I stuck to working backstage designing and building the sets and managing the crew who moved it between scenes.


7. How many kids do you want? All that I am given. Used to think only 2 but I surpassed that over 18 years ago

8. Type of music you dislike most? I loathe and despise country music. Southern Gospel annoys me, but I have been known to sit politely through a whole DVD of the Bill Gaither vocal band while being silently relieved that the DVD player became too hot to play another one. Jazz is not a big favorite either. And middle eastern singers always sound like they are whining through their noses.

9. Are you registered to vote? I don't think so. Haven't voted in years for reasons of conscience.

10. Do you have cable? Of what sort? Non television cable, no; rope cable, yes.

11. Have you ever ridden on a moped? Don't think so.
12. Ever prank call anybody? My conscience is pristine in this regard

13. Ever get a parking ticket? Yes. [hangs head]

14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Are you insane? I'm not.

15. Farthest place you ever traveled. Somewhere in Mexico.

16. Do you have a garden? Sometimes

17. What's your favorite comic strip? Cathy. I so identify with her weight issues.

18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? Nope.

19. Bath or Shower, morning or night? Bath with bubbles, usually at night. I typically fall asleep in it.

20. Best movie you've seen in the past month? Hmmm. I haven't finished a movie all the way to the end in a while. Saw parts of "Troy", and watched parts of "King Arthur" with Clive Owen and Ioan Gryffd, but shut it off before the end because it was so awful. I do better with one hour TV shows like "Lost."

21. Favorite pizza topping? Ham and Pineapple. or Marinara. Had a really good Marinara lately.

22. Chips or popcorn? Neither. I would rather have nachos.

23. What color lipstick do you usually wear? I alternate between a raisin red, clear, or taupe-ish pink.

24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? Why would a person do that?

25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? Isn't beauty a pre-requisite? My features are not regular enough to qualify.

26. Orange Juice or apple? How about grapefruit instead?

27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine? My sister and I went to Boston Pizza in Moncton, NB with her daughter Emily. I had the taco salad with grilled chicken on it. Yum!

28. Favorite type chocolate bar? Lindt 70% or 85% cocoa mass dark chocolate.

29. When was the last time you voted at the polls? Hmmm.... about 12 years ago?

30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Last summer. We have an organic farmer who lives close by and sells them at the Farmer's Market.

31. Have you ever won a trophy? Yes. I was the "Best All Round Camper" at Camp Berea when I was 13.

32. Are you a good cook? [Blushes and traces coy arabesques in the carpet.] I am usually accounted so.

33. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Yes, but I prefer to have strong manly men do it for little ole' me.

34. Ever order an article from an infomercial? Nope.

35. Sprite or 7-up? Sprite tastes moldy to me. Make mine a 7 -Up, or better yet, a ginger ale.

36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? Yes. Back in the dark days of waitressing.

37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy? Acetaminophen and some greeting cards.

38. Ever throw up in public? I don't think so. I am more polite than that.

39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? I already have the love. Hand over the dough.

40. Do you believe in love at first sight? Absolutely. Ever had a baby?

41. Ever call a 1-900 number? Don't they cost money or something?

42. Can ex's be friends? Ex what's? Ex-enemies?

43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? My daughter Tamara. Actually I lived at the hospital with her while she was in there.

44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby? I think I was probably average when I look at the pictures.

45. What message is on your answering machine? "Hello, you have reached ************. We are not available to take your call at this time, but please leave a message and we'll return your call asap.

46. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character? I never watch it so I can't answer that one.

47. What was the name of your first pet? I seem to recall having a budgie called, "Pretty." He was blue. I remember finding him dead in the bottom of his cage. I also have vague memories of a goldfish being flushed down the toilet on Emory Street, but I don't know if he was named or not.

48. What is in your purse? Too much. It could be considered a blunt instrument due to weight factors alone.

49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime? Read.

50. What is one thing you are grateful for today? My family in both directions up and down the geneological ladder. God has blessed me coming and going through them.

No comments: