Saturday, February 05, 2005

Chocolate Heaven

I don't know how many of the ladies who read here indulge in the occasional treat from Starbucks, but lately they have come out with something that one friend described as an "oral orgasm" for women. It is called "Chantico" and it is a rich, hot liquid chocolate that you can drink, not to be confused with anemic, chalky hot chocolate or cocoa from a powder mix. I can't adequately describe the ecstacy that drinking this caused me. I think I may have found the perfect cure for PMS.

Yesterday I did something unusual... I picked up a Martha Stewart's Living magazine and to my delight, there is a recipe in there for what looks like the homemade equivalent to the Chantico. I share it here for those who would like to indulge once in a while.

5 oz. bittersweet chocolate (preferably 70% cocoa mass) chopped.
4 oz. semisweet chocolate (preferably 55% cocoa mass), chopped.
4 cups of milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 T packed light brown sugar, plus more to taste
pinch of salt

Heat all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat, whisking, until chocolate has melted and mixture is hot. Stir in more sugar if desired.

I have been looking for a recipe like this ever since watching the movie, "Chocolat" with Johnny Depp and Juliet Pinoche. In fact, I recommend drinking this while watching the movie!

For those men who are married to women who suffer from dangerous levels of PMS periodically, but aren't sure if they are completely clued in on when to act in the defense of the nation and self-preservation, I recommend they watch this, and keep supplies from the list above on hand so that they can divert an impending attack.

No comments: