Monday, March 21, 2005

New Venture

I finished my mind maps last week and already they have been put to good use. However, now that they are done, I find myself wanting to continue to work on them. I haven't always had an urge to write things down, but have always wanted to remember things. However, the linear form of just writing in a journal/notebook just doesn't work for me. And now that I completed my mind maps, I find myself still wanting to make some and thinking that I may have just found a way to journal in a form that pleases my urge to record and frees me from linear thinking.

I have a large hardbound book with 8 1/2" x 11" blank pages that I bought some time ago at an art supply store. It is actually an artist's sketching book/journal, but I think I am going to be able to put it to use as a mind map/journal. I still have all my gel pens and markers, and now I can draw/create my own freeform record of my life in a way that feels more natural to me than just line upon line of written words.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I guess I'll find out if it is also a good way to capture a memory.

No comments: