Wednesday, March 02, 2005

What to Post when You have No Topic

This came to me via Samantha, who got it from Donna, who got it from Julie D...

1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest!

"The crazy thing is that our father always said that he loved us, but he could be so hurtful. I have a brother who is quite heavy, and he'd ridicule him in front of people. He'd say some terrible things to him."

The above is from the book, When the Body Says No: Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection by Gabor Mate, M.D.

I am trying to increase my knowledge of the biochemical changes that stress places upon the body as well as learning about effective ways of dealing with it.

No comments: