Thursday, August 05, 2004

A Holding Pattern

I haven't reported anything new about my husband, because there isn't anything new to report. They still don't know what he has, which is not surprising, given the fact that the only test they have run on him has been bloodwork. He has seen several residents over the last days, but while they talk amongst themselves about ordering this scan or that test, somehow they just never get around to doing it, and I have not been there to hold their feet to the fire when they are around.

However, Marc is starting to get cranky and restless, which is a good sign in my opinion. His bowels are also starting to work again which is another good sign. He wants to come home because he isn't getting any rest there. Considering the fact that we have seven kids at home making all kinds of racket, things must really be noisy and disturbing there!

My own testing has shown that he is improving. I have been giving him herbal footbaths twice a day and to give you an idea of how effective it is, he says he has been burping up the herbs that he absorbed through his feet.

I have never been impressed with hospitals as places of healing. The diet that they have been giving my husband is a good example of this. Marc is diabetic and is on a full liquid diet. So what do they bring him? Apple juice for breakfast. Loaded with sugar. Lunch and supper is that fake chemicalized ice cream from Nestle, more sugary juice and a starchy cream soup, all of which will raise your blood sugar levels through the roof quicker than you can say "boo!" No wonder they keep finding his bloodsugars being too high. I have been smuggling in real food like homemade soup broth made from bison bones and vegetables as well as protein shakes the last few days in an effort to get him some real food.

If anything new happens, I'll let you know.

No comments: