Monday, June 21, 2004

Evidence that We Still Make New Brain Cells

I am no scientist, but I find all the new data that is coming out on how the brain functions to be extremely interesting.

Lately I have been listening to motivational type audio tapes on Neuro Linguistic Programming, and it is fascinating to me to see how you can change your emotional state just by how you think or even position your body, use your tone of voice, and use your facial muscles.

Here is a fascinating article on the NLP technique for building rapport with others rapidly. I have been experimenting with this and it actually works.

Of course, with any form of relationship-building techniques, it only really works if you are genuinely sincere and caring of the people you are practicing these on. People can spot a phoney so quickly.

No comments: