Thursday, June 17, 2004

A Time to Play

I have such a strong compelling need to be always busy with something that often I forget how important it is to play once in a while.

Yesterday was a gorgeously beautiful Canadian summer day. It was warm, the sky was blue with a few puffy clouds, and a lovely breeze was blowing to keep it from getting too hot. It was also the day of our homeschool association's end-of-the-year picnic, so I abandoned the house early, without even cleaning (!!)it for a day at the park.

It was glorious. The children played on the playground equipment or in the water at the spray park, and the mom's visited for several hours. We had lunch together, shared our goodies and talked some more and then laughed as the children participated in races or games.

There is nothing like a day out in the sunshine enjoying one's self and living in the moment to bring a kind of resting and quiet refreshment to life. I think I need to play more often.

No comments: