Thursday, June 10, 2004

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

I was so proud of myself last week. I went to the store and found an appropriate Father's Day card that expressed my sentiments of you, my father. I then brought the card home and addressed it, thinking that for once in my life, I had got it done in plenty of time for you to receive it. Well guess what? It is still sitting on my desk.

[Bangs head on keyboard.]

So, Dad, I STILL intend to send you your card AND give you Father's Day greetings EARLY even if the card doesn't get there in time.

I was fooling around on the Kabalarian website and this is what came up with your name on it:

As James, you have a natural interest in the welfare of your fellow man, and a desire to help and serve others in a humanitarian way. You are responsible and generous, although somewhat scattering and disorganized at times. Any jobs requiring systematic and conscientious effort, or involving any form of drudgery, dismay you. In your work, you would seek a position offering self-expression through contact with people, such as sales or teaching, or a position giving scope to your creative, artistic talents. You are good-natured and likeable, and people tend to confide in you and seek your advice in personal problems. Others sense your sincere interest and desire to help, and you can always be counted on to see the bright side of any problem.

I think that is a pretty accurate description of you. For as long as I can remember, you have always wanted to help others and have loved people. And they love you back. As one of your brothers once said, "Walking through the mall with Jim is like walking around with Santa Claus. Everyone knows him and greets him."

One memory of you that stands out in my mind is the sight of you sitting in the front room of our house on Peck Street. You had your Bible in your lap, and your head was bowed in prayer. Iwillalways carry that picture with me.

I am blessed to be your daughter, and blessed that my sons want to emulate you. Thanks for being there for us all.

Love you lots,
Cheryl Ann

No comments: